Algorius Net Viewer Manual
To configure database, select File→Options from the main window menu, or press the Options button on the toolbar or press F9. The Options dialog box will appear. Select the Logging tab:
The following parameters are available:
- Database — database type. There are various database connection settings depending on database type.
- Database file — only for internal (SQLite) database. By default the logs are stored in internal database in the folder of operation system user. You can specify location of the file with internal database. This ability lets you to store database on a high-speed drive to increase performance. If you need to transfer a database, just copy Log.db file to required location and specify this location in application settings. Afterwards you can delete old Log.db if it is no longer needed.
- Server — only for Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL databases — name of a server, where database is hosted. Please enter host name or IP for Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL. For MS SQL please enter database server name according to MS SQL settings, for example: SERVER_NAME\SQLEXPRESS
- Port — only for Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL databases — network port to connect to database. Reset button changes port number to default value for a selected database.
- Authentication — the authentication method on the SQL server. If Windows Authentication is selected, the Windows user authentication is used. If SQL Server Authentication is selected, the SQL server login is to be specified.
- Username/password — only for MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL databases — the login used to gain access to the database. Available only if SQL Server Authentication is selected.
- Database name — only for MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL databases — name of a database to create tables to store application data.
- Service name — only for Oracle database — service name of a database according to Oracle settings, for example: XE
- Connection string — only for ODBC databases — DNS to connect to external database via ODBC. ODBC access to databases is enabled via ODBC driver. Manufacturers of almost every database deliver the appropriate ODBC driver. Below there are the download links for ODBC drivers of the most popular databases. In the Connection string you should choose DSN, that is configured in the "ODBC Data Source Administrator" application, which is included in Windows.
- Check connection — check database connection by specified connection settings.
- Maintain the following logs — see Configuring Logging for more information.
Download links for ODBC drivers of the most popular databases.
Choose ODBC driver for your Windows version.
- Oracle: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/windows/downloads/index.html (Oracle Data Access Components and Tools contains ODBC driver);
- MySQL: http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/odbc/
- MS SQL: Driver is included in Windows.
- Postgre SQL: http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi/