Algorius Net Viewer Manual
In order to remotely get or refresh the inventory data for required devices via the network, select Inventory→Wizard in main menu to open the wizard. Inventory wizard window will be opened. Select Scan devices and click Next button. Network Inventory Wizard window will be opened:
Select the devices to be scanned. Following elements are available:
- Devices on all maps — scan the devices on all maps.
- Devices on current map — scan the devices on current map only.
- Selected devices on current map — scan the selected devices on current map only. Disabled, if no devices are selected on the current map.
- Only devices of the following type — scan the devices of specified type.
- Only devices with following scanning method — scan the devices with specified scanning method only.
- Only active devices — scan only active (turned on) devices. It speeds up the inventory.
- Inventoried devices only — scan the devices with previous successful inventory. Existing data will be updated. It speeds up the inventory.
In any case only the devices with specified address will be scanned. The address is required to connect with the computer via the network.
Next step: scanning. Scanning of network devices is performed. Application scans several devices simultaneously according to inventory settings.
In case if a device cannot be scanned, the corresponding error will be displayed. See Troubleshooting section for help in resolving the issue.
As soon as a device is scanned, next step becomes available with Finish button – when it is clicked, all gathered data are saved to the database and become available for display.