Algorius Net Viewer Manual
If your company consists of several branches and it is complicated to monitor the whole company from each branch or provide the single maps storage for all users, then it is recommended to configure the server-to-server exchange.
Overall it looks as follows: copy of maps of the whole organization is stored in each branch, and a server monitors the devices of its branch. Servers interchange with maps and monitoring results, providing this information to branch users.
Let’s check one of examples of server-to-server exchange of maps and monitoring results.
Let’s suppose that there are two branches: BranchA and BranchB.
Each of them has one server, ServerA and ServerB.
Maps folder is created on both servers.
This folder is shared within its branch on each server.
Directories BranchA and BranchB are created in this folder on each server.
Directory 'Maps\BranchA\' on ServerA opens by link 'ftps://ServerA/Maps/BranchA/'.
Directory 'Maps\BranchB\' on ServerB opens by link 'ftps://ServerB/Maps/BranchB/'.
Algorius Net Viewer is launched on each server.
Algorius Net Viewer is configured as follows on ServerA:
- Monitoring results can be provided at URL http://ServerA/
- Maps update is configured from 'ftps://ServerB/BranchB/' to local directory 'Maps\BranchB\'.
- It is specified that monitoring result for maps in local directory 'Maps\BranchB\' is taken from http://ServerB/
Algorius Net Viewer is configured as follows on ServerB:
- Monitoring results can be provided at URL http://ServerB/
- Maps update is configured from 'ftps://ServerA/BranchA/' to local directory 'Maps\BranchA\'.
- It is specified that monitoring result for maps in local directory '\\ServerB\Maps\BranchA\' is taken from http://ServerA/
Branch A users launch Algorius Net Viewer on their PCs with following settings:
- Update maps from '\\ServerA\Maps\' to local directory Maps.
- Get monitoring result for all maps in this local Maps directory from http://ServerA/
Branch B users launch Algorius Net Viewer on their PCs with following settings:
- Update maps from '\\ServerB\Maps\' to local directory Maps.
- Get monitoring result for all maps in this local Maps directory from http://ServerB/
It is supposed that users of each branch will edit maps of their branch only and have read-only access to other branches’ maps. If it is supposed to edit other branches’ maps, then update should be configured from initial sources. For example, if user from branch A wants to edit all maps, then his local directory 'Maps\BranchA\' should be updated from '\\ServerA\Maps\BranchA\', and directory 'Maps\BranchB\' should be updated from 'ftps://ServerB/Maps/BranchB/'.