Algorius Net Viewer Manual
Monitoring server provides the following abilities:
- Centralized device scanning in computer network.
- Providing monitoring result to other users.
- Server-to-Server exchange.
Thus, device scanning is performed from only some few computers, and all others just request the results. It prevents the network clogging with ICMP and other data packages, thereby increasing the monitoring quality.
Following monitoring modes are possible:
- Application scans all devices in all maps by itself;
- Application scans devices in some maps by itself and for other maps receives the monitoring results from defined servers.
You can define different monitoring servers for different maps.
You can receive monitoring result from different servers and provide the common result to other users.
In a simple case you have to make the following to use monitoring server: launch Algorius Net Viewer on a separate computer (server), open required maps, monitor them and provide the monitoring result by starting Web Server. On other PCs (clients) it is required to specify a map (or map folder) and HTTP address of Web Server, which is used to get the monitoring results.