Algorius Net Viewer Manual
'External' plugin enables device scanning using external utilities. It significantly expands the application functionality, since you can include any external application with scanning of network devices into Algorius Net Viewer.
If external application is the console application, then you can derive scanning result from console text. Console text is displayed when you drag a mouse over device. You can also display the result of external command in device hint in the same way.
There are following settings along with standard ones:
- File — path to executable file.
- Parameters — parameters to be sent to external utility when it is launched. You can use following masks for automatic value population: %IP% — device IP, %HOST% — device host name, %ADDRESS% — device address.
- Set inactive state if response code is — if utility’s resulted code (ErrorLevel) meets the specified range, then device is considered as inactive.
- Measure — the measured value — command execution time (in milliseconds) or value from console text (only for external console commands). If the selected option is getting a numeric value from the console, then the text of the console will be parsed and a number will be searched; this number will be used as a result when the device is scanned.
- Prefix — only for values from console text — prefix of console text before a number to look for. If prefix is not specified (blank), then first number is found. If number is not found, then device is considered as inactive.
- Encoding — only for values from console text — encoding to display console text by utility.
- Regex — only for values from console text — regular expression to search for attribute value in a text.
- Measure unit — only for values from console text — measurement units of the requested values.
- Multiplier — only for values from console text — coefficient by which the resulting numerical value will be multiplied.
- Timeout (sec) — time period to wait for external application completion. When this period is expired, external application is forcedly closed and device is displayed as inactive.