Algorius Net Viewer Manual
'SNMP' plugin enables device scanning using the SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol). SNMP is used to manage devices in IP networks. Integer value of specified OID is measured. SNMP-enabled devices include many routers, switchboards, servers, workstations, printers etc.
There are following settings along with standard ones:
- OID —SNMP object identifier. By default: 22.214.171.124.126.96.36.199.0 — UpTime.
- SNMP version —SNMP version, supported by device.
- Community — password for access to SNMP. Only for SNMP v1, v2.
- Authentication — encryption algorithm used for user authentication. Only for SNMP v3. By default: None — encryptions isn't required.
- User name — user name for authentication. Only for SNMP v3.
- Auth password — password for authentication. Only for SNMP v3.
- Privacy — data encryption algorithm. Only for SNMP v3 with authentication. By default: None — encryption isn't required.
- Privacy password — password for data encryption. Only for SNMP v3 with authentication and data encryption.
- Regex — for text values only – regular expression to search for attribute value in a text.
- Multiplier — coefficient by which the resulting numerical value will be multiplied.
- Inactive, if value — if any value meets the specified range, then device is considered as inactive.
- Measure — measures current numeric value, difference between current and previous values, speed of value change. Measure current value defines the current values of various sensors (e.g. sensors of speed, temperature, available space). Measure difference between current and previous values measures the values of various counters (e.g. error counter, counter of sent data). It is supposed that counter value is always increasing, so if the value has decreased then measurement result will be 0, so that the application can analyze counter reset or overflow. Speed measurement makes it possible to calculate the speed of value changes of various counters – e.g. calculate the data transfer speed using the counter of transferred data. Speed is calculated based on the difference between previous and current values, divided by the scanning interval in seconds.
- Measure unit — measurement units of the requested values.
- Timeout (sec) — period of waiting for reply from a device. When timeout is expired device enters inactive state.